Tapestry is about as relaxing as embroidery can be. With no complicated stiches to learn, this stitching gives you the opportunity to completely switch off and unwind, whilst creating a cushion to last a lifetime. As with all The Fabled Thread kits, storytelling is at the heart of what we do. These kits are no different and depict the ridiculous and wonderful Just So stories by Rudyard Kipling.
Our kits are available in two sizes:
- Large (40 cm by 60 cm) : This big and beautiful cushion will take 2-4 months to stitch. It can be stitched either using a full cross stitch with one strand or a tent stitch using two strands of thread. Photographed above.
- Standard (35 cm by 50 cm): Stitched on a smaller canvas size, this size means you just do a half tapestry stitch therefore is it twice as fast to stitch than the larger size.
You do not need to use a frame for tapestry stitching as the canvas has a lot of structure and therefore you don't have to worry about tension. However many people, myself included, find it more comfortable to stitch with a rectangular frame. Therefore I carry stock of the my preferred frame (18" by 9" Elbesee easy clip frames) which you can add on for £15.00.
The kit contains:
- A high quality bespoke canvas sewing bag
- The design printed on Zweigart interlocked canvas (10 hpi for the larger size and 12 hpi for the standard size)
- All the Appletons british tapestry wool you could need
- A design plan and stitching guide
- Several tapestry needles
Note: this is a needlepoint kit therefore does not come with the cushion pad, backing fabric, tassels or pipping. I am happy to advise you where to get these if you would like to make your cushions up as I have.